Thursday, July 21, 2011

Turning A Shade Of Pink, Or Red, Or Green

So I can't decide which shade my face is turning right now but it could be all three. I am pink because I am blushing from embarrassment because I gained my weight back this week. Ugh! Of course, I know why. Well there are several reasons actually.
1. the Oreos
2. eating after 8pm
3. drinking too much sweet tea
4. Animal Crackers
Yes that is right, animal crackers. Yes they are relatively low in fat but if you eat the equivalent of an entire zoo, they tend to add up and reside on your hips. Have I ever mentioned that I am a "sleep eater"? Just about every night, I wake up and walk into the pantry, grab some random snack and eat. Then I go right back to bed. THAT, my friends, is where I gain my weight. In the middle of the night, I don't grab a banana, or an apple or some carrots. I grab animal crackers, rice krispie treats, snack size candy bars, etc. I could boycott Target for selling items such as the jumbo size container of cheese balls for $4.99 or the large container of pretzels. BUT especially the giant bear full of animal crackers.

I could turn a shade of red because I am so mad at myself. Why do I continue to sabotage myself? I want to be back to pre-baby weight in the worst way so why is it so hard to stick to the plan? I do blame a tiny bit of it on my upbringing. My parents both worked very hard to give us the things that we needed and a few of things we wanted and with 4 kids that wasn't always easy. Because they worked so hard, we were on our own the majority of the time for meals. We were too lazy to really cook anything so we had a lot of frozen pizzas, chicken pot pies, pizza rolls, etc. I wasn't exposed to too many vegetables and fruits. My mother would argue with me and say that we always told her we didn't like those things but I really don't remember having a lot of them around. I could very well be wrong. I also blame college life. We didn't have kitchens at Judson and we went to the dining hall for meals. I did not have to learn to cook. Sure there were healthy options but I don't remember going through that line. I know that there are many reasons that I tend to veer towards the junk food but those are just a few. I really need to retrain myself. Why is it SO HARD??

I could turn a shade of green because I am so jealous. I am jealous of the people that are naturally skinny and never have to work at it. I am jealous of the people at my WW meetings who continue to lose little by little and reach their 5%, 10% and weight goals. In order to get my 5% prize, I have to lose 9 pounds. 9 POUNDS! When I first came back to the WW program, I thought this isn't too bad. I can do this in about a month. I am still hovering around the 180-182 mark. Seriously? Everyone is so excited about their 5 pound stars and their other very cool prizes and I am so happy for them but when is it my turn??

Ok, didn't realize this would be such a long post. Now that I have vented a little I will give you my depressing numbers for this week:
Current Weight: 182.4 (this would be a gain of 2.4)
Left Arm: 13" (lost 1")
Chest: 42"
Waist: 39"
Hips: 46"
Left Thigh: 25" (lost 1")

I will add my weight again next Thursday but my measurements will be the week after that.
As for my training, I have clocked 12 miles this week and I have a 6 mile long run on Saturday afternoon. I don't know if any of you have seen it but there is a program online dealing with Presidential Physical Fitness Awards for kids as well as adults. It is a way to keep up with how active you are. It is something to look in to especially if you have young children and you want to encourage them to exercise.

2 comments:

  1. You know what I see positive about this post?? YOU LOST AN INCH in your arm and AN INCH in your thigh. That means you are doing SOMETHING! :) No, it doesn't look like you want it to, but some things are changing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to add that you have clocked 12 MILES in a WEEK!!! That may not sound like much to you, but that to me is completely overwhelming!!!So I see 3 SUCCESSES!!!! Woo Hoo!!!

    ReplyDelete