Thursday, July 14, 2011

Take Another Little Piece Of....Me!

So tonight was my weigh in at WW and drum roll please.....I am down 2.6 pounds so I am now 180. I celebrate every loss no matter how little and really with the way this week went, I'm surprised I didn't gain! I was definitely satisfied and I will keep going and try to just do better and better.

I had a few set backs this week. First of all, after the Las Vegas Half Marathon back in December, I started experiencing some heel pain in my left foot. Finally, in January, I went to the doctor and he said he thought I had chronic plantar fasciatis. I got orthotics, wore a night splint (basically a boot that you wear at night) and took 2 weeks off of running and walking. It was horrible and in the end the pain was still there. So he did an ultrasound on my heel and figured out that I basically didn't have any cushioning in the fat pad of my heel. Evidently that is the only place I do NOT store fat. :-) He gave me an injection, in the heel of my foot with NO numbing medicines. Ow! Anyway, the pain started back up and I went back on Tuesday to see him. He did the same thing only this time he DID numb it. While I was there, with both kids, I told him I had had a headache for about 4-5 days that I couldn't get rid of and asked if he could give me a shot for that. SOOOO, I left the doctor on Tuesday after 3 shots barely able to move! I had a friend come pick me and the kids up and take us home. The headache came back the next day so I finally just called my neurologist who now has me on a steroid and muscle relaxers every night. So this was a major set back because I just wasn't feeling up to making good decisions on my food nor was I feeling up to running.

That is okay though. Tomorrow is a new day and I will start counting my points again. Tonight at my WW meeting I wrote down how to cook squash so I could try that. If you really know me, you know that I do not cook so while it may seem normal to you to cook squash, it is a brand new endeavor for me. I also want to try something called cauliflower poppers. Next Monday starts my official training schedule for the Savannah Half Marathon. I am very excited about this race. I love Savannah and I am looking forward to going back.

I know next week will be better for lots of reasons: the headaches will be under control, I will be able to run again and most importantly, the babysitter will be back. I am so used to my schedule and the kids have not really enjoyed going to work with me.

I would love to hear from you with any healthy recipes that you have or I know a lot of you grow your own veggies so surely you can tell me ways to cook them! Until next time....

2 comments:

  1. my favorite way to eat squash (besides frying) is to brush them with olive oil, add a little salt and pepper and grill. --almost as good as frying. ;-)

    I hope you keep feeling better and better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry about your foot & head!!! I pray you get some relief soon! My eyes water just thinking about a shot in the heel!!!!!

    We've gotten tons of squash this year: I do what Christy does - but I'm lazy so I stir them in a bowl of olive oil w/salt, pepper, & have been known to add some Thyme... if I can't grill I'll put them on a baking stone in the oven until they're slightly crispy. You can do the same thing w/some bread crumbs - I like the Italian Seasoned ones - for a little more crunch. I also like to keep some sliced in the fridge & eat them like chips once they're really cold: but Brad does not!

    ReplyDelete