Monday, July 18, 2011

On Your Mark, Get Set, GO!

So today I begin my official training for the Savannah Half Marathon. I am beyond excited! Today I will do two miles running/walking. I do all my races that way. I don't think I will ever be able to run a whole race but I am totally okay with that too. I am 31 years old and I have two children in addition to a full time job. I am already a super woman and I don't need to be even more super by running an entire race. When I do these big races, I actually enjoy taking a break and walking just so I can look at the scenery. So far, Vegas and Virginia Beach have been my two favorite places to run because of all of the things to look at. There was never really a dull moment. Disney is great when you run through the parks but the rest of the time you are basically on the interstate and that will just kill it for you. I know Savannah will be beautiful so I am sure I will be doing a lot of walking just to take it all in.

I enjoy training for the first two to three weeks and then I start to wear down but hopefully with the help of this blog I will be able to stay motivated. It will also be a lot easier to run if I keep shedding the pounds.

In April, the tornado took out my gym, Planet Fitness. I know there were so many other horrible things that happened to people during that time but I was devastated about my gym. I really have been lost without it. I can run anywhere but I really enjoyed the other equipment they had there. Also, when the temperature outside is so high, it is nice to just do a workout inside.

So my workout schedule for the next two days is:
Monday - 2 miles
Tuesday - 4 miles

I will also be keeping a close eye on my food intake! I haven't forgotten that I weigh in again on Thursday and I will also do measurements!
What are some of your favorite workout songs on your ipod?

2 comments:

  1. I've been rocking to Hey Na Na by Katie Herzig!!! I can listen to it mulitple times in a row!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really liking Katy Perry's Alien. I can listen to that over and over. Black Eye Peas is always good too. You know Trisha is always the pro at this.

    ReplyDelete