Saturday, July 23, 2011

6 Things I Learned On My 6 Miler Today

1. On the first week of training, I can't expect to be able to run more than walk. Quite the opposite.
2. I would much rather have run in the rain, but all the rain clouds disappeared by the time I got out there.
3. I should not wait until 3 in the afternoon to run. It is TOO hot.
4. If you stop sweating and you start to get chills but it is 95 degrees outside, you might want to take a breather and get some water. Just sayin'.
5. I need to find a good running route. Going around Bowers Parks six times is NOT as enjoyable as I thought it might be.
6. After six miles of running/walking, I smell really bad!

BUT, I did it! Tomorrow is a rest day and then I start week 2 on Monday! Now I get to go to the Melting Pot and enjoy dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment