Thursday, July 28, 2011

Disappointed, Ugh!

I am very disappointed in myself. I did not go to weight watchers tonight nor did I do my run today. I didn't want to face the music at weight watchers. I know I gained. I didn't do the run because by the end of the day I was really exhausted! I came home and took a nap. I decided I would do the run in the morning since Friday is supposed to be a rest day. I just switched today and tomorrow. So the running problem is solved.

Now moving on to the food problem. When it comes right down to it, I have no will power. I cannot stop myself from eating poorly for some reason. I haven't really figured that out yet. But in order to slowly change my habits, I will gradually make a few drastic changes. Starting right now, I will be giving up fast food until Labor Day weekend. I figure that is a month away which is a good amount of time to try something new. Labor Day weekend it is because I have a family reunion in Jacksonville, Florida and I figure it will be a little difficult to not eat it. After Labor Day, I will add sweet tea to fast food. The sweet tea is basically empty calories. I figured up the points plus value of a cup of sweet tea and it is two points. I drink way more than a cup so I know a lot of my points are taken up by sweet tea. So those are my drastic changes. I am doing them gradually because obviously cold turkey doesn't work for me. This next week is hard because all my friends at work are back to get ready for school to start. We have always gone out to lunch those days and it will be hard to let them go without me. I don't like to miss anything. I did go with them today because I knew I was going to give up fast food.

So I know you were all on the edge of your seats to find out how much I lost this week and I am sorry to disappoint. I do promise that next Thursday there will be a weigh in and a meaurement done. Next weekend I have my friend's wedding rehearsal and wedding so that will be a real challenge. The kids also start school next week so there will be some added stress but I am ready to take it on! Anytime you feel the need to encourage me or check on me please do so! Hopefully as I get better at this I won't need it as much but right now it is very important.

Christy Ross, I wish I could do the race with you on Saturday! I know you are going to rock! I am planning on doing the Midnight Run on August 12th so maybe I will see some of my fellow runners in Cullman that night.

I will post tomorrow and let you know if I was able to say no to eating out!
GNSD

2 comments:

  1. Good Luck with the no sweet tea and fast food!

    I'm a little worried about the humidity tomorrow morning, but still excited because there's supposed to be bouncey houses and face painting for the kids. We'll see you in Cullman, Jeremy is running.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dont be so hard on yourself! It is not an easy thing to do. Look at your older sister!!! :) My favorite thing at weight watchers that I learned and still try to practice when there is a big celebration is the "one scoop of everything that I want to eat", then of course "start with the most healthy stuff first". Now with the band I have to start with the protein. But that is my thing that I do when there is a celebration and a lot of people are going to be there. I know you can do this Jessica. You and I have the same body shape so just keep thinking of me now and let that be incentive of what you DONT want to look like in the future!!! Then one day when we both are down to what we want to be we can do something about our cursed Irish arms!!! Haha! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete