Monday, July 25, 2011

Hot Stuff

Today was my 2 mile day and so I didn't get up this morning when the alarm went off. I figured I would just go after work since it was just 2 miles. I hope I never make that mistake again! The sun is fierce! I couldn't escape direct sunlight or the heat and humidity. It was awful. I have a 4 mile in the morning and I know I will be jumping out of bed at 5:15 to make sure I get that run in before it gets too hot. I am in desperate need of fall running weather. I hope I only have about a month to go before at least the humidity wears off.

I really wish Planet Fitness would make a decision about what they are going to do. There are some days when I would really like to workout inside. Running on the treadmill helps me learn how to set a pace. I also really need the weight machines to help tone my muscles. I just don't know if I need to shop for a new gym or hold out just a little longer for Planet Fitness.

I didn't do too terrible as far as eating goes today. I did have a slight sugar drop this morning so I had to get a dr. pepper from the drink machine. Chipotle was calling my name for lunch so I got the burrito bowl. I have looked it up on the weight watchers site before and it wasn't that bad as far as points go so I felt okay about it. That reminds me to tell you about my Melting Pot experience. I am glad I can finally say that I have eaten there but I can't say that it was the best experience. I wasn't that fond of them putting a plate of raw meat in front of me and letting me cook it. I thought that you got cooked meat and picked what you wanted to dip it in. I didn't realize you picked what you cooked it in. Just a little misunderstanding on my part. The spinach artichoke cheese was delicious and the dessert was yummy. I also loved the salad. I guess it was just the entree that bothered me. By the time we got back to Tuscaloosa and went out AGAIN I had to go thru a McDonalds drive thru. I know, I know, bad decision but I don't make the best decisions at 2:30 in the morning.

This week I am hoping that I can really concentrate on my eating habits and work on my will power. Oh and my other goal is to try to beat the heat!

2 comments:

  1. oh my! We went running today at 7:30 and it still felt like we were swimming. I'm running a 5k this weekend ... so there was no rest in the event of humidity for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're still doing better than me just by being active! Running is NOT an option! Running is not even in my vocabulary. So kudos to you!!! I am amazed at people that can do it!!

    ReplyDelete