Wednesday, August 3, 2011

What's Up?

It has been a few days. Ideally I would like to post every day or at least every other day but we are crazy busy at work and at home. Since Sunday, I have done 7 miles, 2 on Monday and 5 yesterday. I was supposed to do 2 miles today but wasn't feeling well this morning so I pushed it back. On the schedule I am supposed to do 5 miles tomorrow morning and I hope I make that happen. I am a little worried about time though because Mason starts PRESCHOOL at my school tomorrow!! I also have to drop Mindy off at a friends house for the day so my morning is busy and I need to be on schedule. So, I will try to do the 5 but if not then I will do the 2 I was supposed to do today. I have to do 7 miles on Saturday or Sunday and I am thinking it will be Sunday since I have a wedding on Saturday. Ugh! Busy, busy, busy!

I still haven't eaten any fast food which means I have gone almost a week without it. I even went through a drive thru today but I only got something to drink. All week, my friends at work have been going out to lunch everyday and I have stayed behind and eaten something from home. That is the hard part about trying to be healthier. I want to go with them to be social and I really enjoy their company. But I know myself. I know I would not order a salad or something healthy. Isn't it sad when you can't trust yourself? That is why I am trying to take it one step at a time. First, give up fast food for awhile then slowly I can introduce the healthy fast food back into my life....maybe.

On Sunday I talked about Gu. I went to Academy today to pick some up and they had some yummy flavors. I got Strawberry Banana, Vanilla Bean and Tri Berry. There are other flavors like mocha and chocolate but those things don't sound good to me when I am running. I need something fruity. I have never trained with Gu but I always partake of the free Gu that they give you around mile 7 at the half marathons. Maybe if I actually train with it, it will make things a little easier.

I am not looking forward to weighing in tomorrow night. I don't really understand why I am not losing weight. I have really been paying attetion to what I am eating. I am running my butt off but I continue to wrestle with the same two pounds. Two pounds forward, two pounds back. Over and over again. I do realize that since I am running I am turning some of that fat to muscle and I also realize that if I am running 5 miles or 7 miles in a day my appetite is larger but COME ON!

I will do my best to post tomorrow night after WW. Mindy starts school on Friday so I know tomorrow night after WW we will be getting her clothes and backpack ready and packing her lunch. I may be totally passed out by the time tomorrow is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment