Saturday, August 13, 2011

A Slight Adjustment

Last night, I did one of my favorite 5K's. While most races are first thing in the morning, this one is the last thing you do in a full day. It is called the Midnight Run and the name explains it all. It is actually quite a distance for me to travel as it is in Cullman but I love it! I always do this race with one of my favorite friends, Marti. Marti is one of my friends that is doing Savannah with me. I had a great time but a horrible race time.

This race really made me remember that I have got to get on the ball with my training. I was doing good and then took a week off. I will jump back in tomorrow. I joined a new gym since Planet Fitness might be back at the end of the year and I just can't wait that long. I am pretty excited about this gym because it has classes and it has a child care area. The kids love it! So I am going to go for the first time tomorrow and get adjusted to a new place.

Since I was thinking about running it made me think about my weight loss and how slow this process is going. I am going to the doctor in a week and I am going to ask her about it and see if there is something I can do besides what I have already been doing. I think for now I am going to back off the weight loss a little. That doesn't mean I am going to forget about it, it just means that I won't be so aggressive. I think I tried to take on too much at one time and since the race is in November I think I need to really concentrate more on the running. I hope that maybe the weight loss might take care of itself a little with all the running I will be doing.
So I have a slight adjustment in my plans but I think it will be a good thing.

1 comment:

  1. I agree. The more you concentrate on it the more it's going to bother you and the more aggrevated you are going to get and the more you are going to want to eat. Basics are you KNOW what you should and should not eat and you KNOW when you should STOP eating and say that's enough. MY theory is that if we all just did that there would be no need for exercise!!!!
    Think I can convince the world of that????

    ReplyDelete