Monday, August 8, 2011

Getting Back on the Wagon

It sounds easy doesn't it? Oh, but it is so hard. I fell off. It happens. But now, I have got to hoist myself back on that wagon. Why is it so hard to make good decisions? I still get hung up on the whole reward thing. I LOVE to reward myself but with things that aren't necessarily good for me.

I got my new WW magazine in the mail today and one of the advertisements is, of course, for WW. It says "When it clicked for me" and then tells you how that person does it (in a short advertisement way).

I want to know when it will click for me. When will I decide that it has to be done? I have pictures of me when I was smaller and healthier and I have tried the whole posting them up so that I would make better decisions so I could get back to that size. I was in a wedding on Saturday and I had wanted to lose weight for it so for the last 4 months, I had little signs everywhere that said "August 6th" so I would make better decisions. It didn't help. Sure I saw the signs and I did think about it but I still went for the little debbie cake or the potato chips. And guess what? I was the same size 4 months ago that I was on Saturday.

I was talking to a co-worker today and she told me I needed to plan each day out but I have tried to do that as well and I end up talking myself back into my old habits. I am my own saboteur! I continue to sabotage myself over and over and I would love to know when I will kick myself in the butt and say "Enough already!"

What do I do? I have been reading a few other WW member blogs and they have all read these different self help books but I have never really been one to read those sorts of things so I'm just not sure. Any ideas??

In the meantime, I am going to get up in the morning and take it one day at a time. I have to get back on track, literally. I am glad that the wedding is over. It was such a great and happy day for my friend. Mindy was thrilled because she got to be a flower girl and I hopefully have been a bridesmaid for the last time in my life! So tomorrow is a new day and I will get there. Right?

2 comments:

  1. I would agree with your friend, if you make a meal plan for each meal and snack and then write down what you eat, it really might help. And don't buy the bad stuff, then you won't be tempted. Not only do you need to eat better, but your family does too. Just don't buy the little debbies. I am telling you all of this, because the past two weeks that is what I have tried to do for my fam. We do such a bad job of eating! And it really hasn't been that hard. For me, if its out of sight, it's out of mind. Now, it is still torturous to go down the cookie aisle at Walmart... :) YOU CAN DO IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep your chin up! You can do it and you know you can that is why you are so frustrated!!! I will text you later with a suggestion. If I post it people who don't know we are sisters will think I am horrible and secretly tell you to block me from your blog...haha!!!

    ReplyDelete