Thursday, April 12, 2012

YIKES!

I signed up for the 3-Day Walk in Atlanta for Susan G. Komen!! This has been on my bucket list for a long time and I finally decided to do it.

I am super excited and I can't wait to start my 24-week training schedule. There are several people that I will be walking for but most of all I will be walking in honor of my mom, Kathi Davis. My mom was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2004. This was supposed to be one of the happiest times in my life. I had just gotten married in October 2003 and we found out that I was pregnant in January of 2004. Then my mom got the diagnosis. Naturally we were all upset but my mom is super stubborn! She decided she was going to win the fight against breast cancer and she did! She has now been a survivor for almost 8 years!

Mindy & my mom at a Komen 5K
Since her diagnosis, my family has tried to do the Susan G. Komen 5K in Birmingham every year. Sometimes, all of us make it and sometimes I'm the only one that makes it and a couple of times we have had to miss it but our thoughts were always there. I have always been a big supporter for Susan G. Komen for the Cure. I am thrilled that I am taking this huge step and doing this.

In order to do the walk, I must raise $2,300! I have to admit that in the beginning, I was a little worried about this but not anymore. So far, I have received $1,005 dollars! If you are interested in donating please visit my donation page. The walk will end up being about 60 miles. There will be stops along the way to refuel and rest and then the best part (I think) is camping out at night in a pink tent! I can't wait to share this entire journey with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment