Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Are You Serious?

Asking for money is one of my least favorite things to do! I am not good at it and it makes me uncomfortable. However, since I am doing this walk, I feel like I am asking for a good reason!
Did you know?
  • About 1.6 million new cases of invasive breast cancer occurred among women around the world in 2010.
  • Globally, 1 out of every 18 women is at risk of developing breast cancer during her lifetime.
  • Every 74 seconds, somewhere in the world, someone dies from breast cancer.
  • The greatest risk factors for breast cancer are being female and growing older.
The last one is what really caught me off guard and it should catch everyone! The greatest risk factors for breast cancer are being female and growing older? Are you serious? I am female and I am growing older! It can happen to any of us. Another one that got to me was: One woman is diagnosed with breast cancer every two minutes in the U.S. So, by the time I finish this blog post, at least 5 women will have been diagnosed. One of those women could be me or even you! That is why I will walk.

One hundred percent of the net proceeds from the 3-Day benefit Susan G. Komen and fund innovative global breast cancer research and local community programs supporting education, screening and treatment. Komen is the world's largest grassroots network of breast cancer survivors and activists fighting to save lives, empower people, ensure quality care for all and energize science to find the cures.

Don't you want to join the fight against breast cancer?  Click here for my personal page.

No comments:

Post a Comment