Thursday, April 19, 2012

Amazed!

My Fund-raising Thermometer
In my last post, I wrote about how I don't like asking for money. I really am
 terrified of doing it. So when my friend, Marti, asked me to do this walk with her, I was very hesitant. She said we should have no problem raising the money, it would be the 60 miles that would be hard. I said I was worried about raising money and that the 60 miles would be the easy part (delusional, I know). Anyway, I decided last Saturday, that I would go ahead and send my letter out to about 60 of my closest friends and family. I had to make myself just hurry up and throw the letters in the mail before I changed my mind. I REALLY do not like to ask for money, but this is such a great cause!

I have been amazed! As of right now, I have raised $1,405. I am at 61% of my goal. I can't believe it! Thank you to all that have donated. If you haven't there is still time! I would love to be done with my fund-raising by May 30. Training starts May 7 and I would like to train without worrying about whether I will even get to participate!

My friend, Taffy, asked if I wanted to take a beginner's yoga class with her. I really have never liked yoga that much but I decided it wouldn't hurt to try it. I have actually been very surprised how much I do like it this time around. I don't know if I enjoy it for the workout or if I enjoy the time for myself or both but I am having a good time. I'm amazed by what I can do and what I can't do. More importantly the cartoon below is finally not true anymore!
Thanks again for all the donations coming in! Until next time, Namaste!

No comments:

Post a Comment