Monday, April 30, 2012

Who Likes Pandora Jewelry?

I ease into my training this week and I am super excited!
Marti and me after one of our 5K's
I am blogging today about my friend Marti and her fundraising. Marti and I have done many races for the past ten plus years. She is the one that finally gave me the confidence to do this walk. I said, I'm not sure about the fund-raising and she said we can do it! I am almost to the goal that Komen makes and I have raised my goal to $2,500. Marti has started her fund-raising and she is starting it off with a raffle.

Breast Cancer Charm
Do you like Pandora jewelry? I love it! I have had a Pandora bracelet for a couple of years and it is one of my most treasured possessions. They issued a new breast cancer charm this year and it is fabulous. Marti is raffling a Pandora necklace with the newest breast cancer charm. It is gorgeous and I will probably be purchasing raffle tickets myself! The tickets sell for $1 or 6 for $5. The drawing will be held on May 11 at the Pink Ribbon Run in Gardendale. You do not have to be present to win. Marti is doing this walk in honor of her dear friend Jill Montgomery. I will be doing a blog post about Jill in the near future so you will learn all about her. If you would like to buy some tickets, let me know and I will give you Marti's information. We will be able to get the tickets to you no problem and I will announce the winner on my blog. It is a beautiful necklace and it is for a good cause so get your tickets today!

I would like to thank everyone that has donated to my fund so far! I am amazed that I have almost reached my goal this fast. I really thought it would take all summer but I am relieved that I will not have to worry about it and I can concentrate on my training. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment