Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Holy Cow!!

Happy National Running Day! I always celebrate this day with a run. Today, on my training schedule, I had to do 15 minutes of cross training so I thought what better way to cross train than with my old running workout. Holy cow!! I felt like I was running through mud. My shins were hurting so bad that I started to wonder if I would be able to lift my feet because those muscles just wouldn't work! I continue to be surprised at how different running and walking are. When I laced up my running shoes today they felt so different from my walking shoes. I also didn't realize that walking and running used such different muscles. I don't think I will be running again anytime soon. Today's little jog made me realize how badly I need to do some strength training. So, it looks like I will be spending some time in the weight room! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment