Monday, May 28, 2012

Feeling HOT, HOT, HOT

Boy, it sure has been hot the past couple of days and from what I understand it isn't going to get any better! I have been doing great with my training. So far I have walked a total of 37 miles in the month of May. I did my longest walk of 5 miles on Saturday with my teammate, Edie. It was hot and humid but we made it through. So far, the only problem is with my knees. I really need to start doing some strengthening exercises to get those muscles toned.

It is very nice to train with someone that lives in the same city. I haven't really done that before. When I did my Las Vegas Half Marathon, my friend Taffy and I did a couple of our runs together but this will be the first time I really have someone to do those long walks with. If you know Edie she is never at a loss for words so that will be so nice since I tend to run out of breath if I talk to much! I know that will get better with time but right now it is nice.

Don't forget that the fund-raising hasn't stopped! I have raised my goal to $2,800 and hope to raise it again. Edie just got started on her fund-raising so if anyone wants to help her out they can do that too. The money all goes to the same place anyway.

Thanks for all of the help and support you have given me so far. I know I will need it in the coming months! Have a great Memorial Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment