Friday, May 18, 2012

Spare Tires and Gas Masks

Now that I have your attention! Over the course of the past year, I have been "trying" to lose weight. I tend to start with a good goal in mind and then kind of drop it later. Even through running, I never really managed to lose that much. Surprisingly, when I think about myself, I don't consider myself overweight. BUT, when I look at myself in the mirror I could be the Michelin Man's twin sister. I have two areas of concern: my flabby upper arms and my "spare tire" or some lovingly refer to it as a "muffin top". "Muffin top" sounds tastier which is the problem. So, I have decided to start calling it my "spare tire". I have to get rid of it!! (along with the flabby arms, of course).

The thing is, I'm not sure that I can. No matter how hard I try, I think I will always have it. From what I understand, belly flab is the hardest thing to get rid of. Help me please!! Do you know of any exercises that will completely help with my upper arms and my spare tire? How about any certain foods I can eat to help with it? Please leave me a message and let me know.

One of the things I hope to get out of doing the 3-Day is to lose a little bit of weight. I am currently about 40-45 pounds overweight. YIKES! How did I get to that? How does it happen? Could it be the late night snacks or the kind of junky food that I somehow ALWAYS choose to eat? Surely that isn't it, right? Okay so I know that's what it is. The good news: we have just about sworn off most fast food burger places. All it really took was for Mindy to hear from a friend of hers that chicken nuggets were made from pink slime. Kids are so funny but her decision has actually helped us eat out a lot less.

Now onto the other topic: gas masks.

How would you like to be on the treadmill walking next to a guy wearing one of these? I was at the gym yesterday and a guy walked up with one of these in his hand and continued to attach it to his face. At first I really did have a little bit of a self esteem attack but in the end, I realized he meant to wear this and wears it every time. The only thing I could imagine was that he was either training to hike Mount Everest or he was training for the military. But, once I got home, I did a little research and found that a lot of people that do professional MMA use these during their cardio training. Also, people that do Crossfit sometimes use them. This girl will not be walking with one on, that's for sure!


No comments:

Post a Comment