Monday, October 3, 2011

Out of Control

Some of you may notice that I changed my weight ticker. I was out of control! I had a horrible binge eating episode where I ate everything in sight and in large quantities. I am definitely on the mend now and I haven't weighed myself since about the 25th of September. I will not weigh myself until my clothes start to fit a little better and I notice a difference. I think I will start noticing a difference in a week or so.

In running news, I did my 7 mile run/walk on Saturday. I got a huge blister on my right heel a few days before when I did my 4.5. Luckily I own some blister band-aids which are magic! I put them on my heels and I don't even feel like I have a blister. While you have them on, the band-aids are working their magic on your heel to advance the healing process. They are wonderful and I highly recommend them! When I finished my miles, I could hardly move. When I got home, there was lots to do because I wanted to decorate for fall so I moved (very slowly) around all day and slowly worked the soreness out. My advice to any new runner/walker is after you have done a long run/walk, NEVER go home and lie on the couch or chill out in your bed. You will regret it later. When I first started doing half marathons, I would get back to my room, shower, eat a snack and go straight to sleep. It is what your mind tells you to do. However, your body will say keep moving. I learned my lesson when I did the Disney Half a few years ago. Since we were in Disney, we wanted to go to the parks. As tired as I was, I went and walked around that day and night. I was exhausted by the time we got back to our room. BUT, the next day I could move much easier.

I have about a month until Savannah and I am getting super excited! Hopefully, I can keep my training up!

No comments:

Post a Comment