Sunday, October 23, 2011

Lucky Number 13

13 more days until Savannah! I can't wait to get out of town for a few days even if I have to run 13.1 miles while I am there. I have gotten to a point with my training where I am treading lightly. I do not want to injure myself but I still need to go the distance so that I will be ready. Luckily, on the training schedule this is also the point where you begin to taper off a bit. Today is supposed to be a 9 mile day. Was planning on getting up this morning to take care of it but I was woken up 3 times last night by the kids and I couldn't drag myself out of bed at 5:30 this morning. My plan is to go later this afternoon.

me and the kids after the race
Last weekend, I did the Race for the Cure 5K and I had a good time. I couldn't believe how big the race has gotten. From what I understand, there were about 16,000 participants!! It took me 10 minutes to get to the starting line and the crowd didn't thin out until about mile 2 so I was dodging people left and right. This coming Friday, I am doing the Freaky Friday 8K in Tuscaloosa. I have never done this race before but I think it might be fun. The plan is to walk most of this. The race starts at 9pm and I don't want to run the risk of tripping over something and hurting myself a week before the race.

On another note, I am thinking of coming up with a different name for my blog. I am still gonig to keep trying to lose weight but I won't be training for a race for awhile. I want the blog to be more about my day to day stuff like most of my friends do. Any ideas about a name for my blog??

2 comments:

  1. I think you can still call it My Journey. Just change the subtitle to more generic all encompassing phrase ... OH wait, now that I typed that I think you meant your URL name ... hmm. Maybe your name or some variation therein.

    Have fun at the Freaky Friday. It sounds fun. I battled shin splints and shin pain for almost a month ... I'm pretty much starting over and relearning how to run in cool weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Idk- perhaps Jessica's Journals or Jessica's Journey or Jessica's Juicy Tidbits of Inspiration....Idk...

    ReplyDelete