Wednesday, September 21, 2011

New Kicks

My New Kicks! Brooks Ghost 4!
I'm feeling more focused these days! Well, it really started yesterday. I finally got back on the road and back to running. My birthday was a few weeks ago and I told Danny that I wanted new running shoes. On Saturday, we headed on down to the Athlete's Foot to get my new shoes. I LOVE BROOKS RUNNING SHOES! These are my all time favorite shoes to run in. My past few pair have been Brooks. I absolutely love my new shoes and can't wait to get some more miles on them.

I was out of pocket for about a week because I did have my "tubes tied". Ultimately it was a really good decision since we can't afford to have any more children but it did keep me off the road for a little over a week. All better now though!

Theresa, me, Kay and Marti
me and Kay with our new tempos!
So my shoes started to get me focused but then I went to eat dinner with my running girls last night and that really got me focused. I love these girls even though they are all WAY faster than me! We have so much fun remembering races we have done over the last 8 years and then getting pumped up for races we are going to do. I had a list of races last night that went into November and we sat and tried to figure out which ones we wanted to do and who could do what race. LOVE EVERY MINUTE! We always have such a good time and I am so glad that they are in my life. Theresa won't be going to Savannah with us so we will miss her!
We were celebrating my birthday and Kay's birthday. Marti got us some new Nike Tempo shorts. I can't wait to try mine out because they have built in compression shorts so my thighs won't chaffe! Who wouldn't be excited about that?? I will let you know how they work out. I am back on the road this afternoon for a "quick" 4 miler! See you on the road!

1 comment: