Monday, July 9, 2012

The Need To Clean

I am going through a summer cleaning phase at the moment. I want to get rid of everything! I am one of those people that in order to really clean something,  I have to make a bigger mess. At this point, the cleaning phase is only mental. I haven't actually physically started doing anything. I'm just so exhausted! No excuse, right? Actually, I'm afraid I will get started and then I will have to leave it for some reason and I will never come back to it. I want to make sure I have PLENTY of time.

My kids have WAY too much stuff. I don't even know where to begin getting rid of stuff. Mindy manages to find the smallest areas to hide stuff in and she isn't organized at all when it comes to putting stuff back where she got it. There are game pieces, puzzle pieces, nail polish bottles and don't even get me started on the ponytail holders! These things are everywhere! Mason actually does a better job at keeping things organized except in one small area which makes things a little easier. I am actually thinking of rearranging his room. My husband will be thrilled!

My dream would be for someone to just show up at my house and go through each room and get it organized and deep cleaned. I would want that person to throw things out and then I would never know what we got rid of. Basically I need a deep cleaning lady or man. I would hope I would only need this person once or twice to get me started and then I could keep up with it on my own. Just out of curiosity, I looked up the average rates for a professional organizer: $55-$85 per hour. Maybe this is a career path I should look at!!

I'm no hoarder by any means but we could really use some help with the process. I think I use up all of my organizational skills at work. I am absolutely OCD about my desk and if any one removes something from my desk or just puts something where it doesn't go, I will notice. I'm not like that at home. None of us are actually.

I know this has nothing to do with my fund-raising or my training but I needed to just kind of "talk" it out. On another note, the training is fantastic. On Saturday, Edie and I did 8 miles. It was going fine and then after about 1.5 miles it started raining. Not a hard, pelting rain but just a steady rain. It stopped raining as we were getting closer to our cars. We were soaking wet but proud of our early morning accomplishment.

No comments:

Post a Comment