Saturday, July 28, 2012

Halfway Point

I am now at my halfway point in my training. I never thought I would be able to make my fundraising goal by this point and I am thrilled that I actually haven't had to worry about that at all! The training has been great. There have been some tough times but I've always managed to make it through. This week I have been struggling with some motivation issues and haven't done my walks but I have decided today that I'm through with that excuse. I will get up in the morning and get started again. In the grand scheme of things, missing one week out of 24 isn't that bad.

Last weekend, we traveled to Diamondhead, MS and I was so proud of myself for getting up at 6am on Saturday morning and walking 10 miles. I had no idea where I was going but I really enjoyed it. The unknown scenery was a great distraction and it didn't seem like I had been walking for 3 hours.

I have been going to yoga on a regular basis and I'm surprised how much I like it. My yoga pants are thrilled to be living up to their name! I like the fact that in yoga there are several different ways to do certain positions. I am definitely always in the beginner position but it doesn't bother me. I just like the stretch. I have been very surprised with how much it helps with my headaches too.

Recently, I found out that a girl I went to college with was diagnosed with breast cancer and I have added her to my list of people to walk for. No matter how much I have learned about this disease, I was shocked that someone that young could be diagnosed. It really can happen to any of us!

Looking forward to getting up in the morning and getting started again! I got an email from Komen saying that I can check-in now and print my credentials. I can't believe it is getting that close!

No comments:

Post a Comment