Friday, September 21, 2012

Oh, My Aching Back!

So in my last post I blogged about my back and the bulging disc. The meds the doc put me on didn't really have any effect on my back so he sent me for an MRI. I had forgotten how tiny that tunnel is that they send you through and then I started to panic and think what if something happened to the guy doing the MRI while I was stuck in that thing! Anyway, I made it out okay and it is definitely a bulging disc and he suggested a nerve block. I had the block and my back is feeling a little better. The doc also mentioned that my MRI shows that my back bone is arthritic. Great! I am 33 and already arthritic. I have physical therapy twice a week right up until we leave for Atlanta so I should be good and stretched out by then.

We will miss our long walk tomorrow. Mindy is having her first slumber party for her birthday and I am positive that there won't be a lot of sleeping going on tonight.

Edie and I have been working on our wardrobe for the walk. So far we have two outfits picked out and we are working on our third. I finally managed to get another pair of shoes and I feel like they will carry me to the end.

one of our shirts
my awesome walking shoes
 We are only four weeks away! I can't believe that we have actually come this far. When I started all of this I was a little unsure but I know we are going to have the best time! I have added a list of people that we are walking for to my sidebar. If you would like for us to walk in honor or in memory of someone that you know please tell me before we leave!

No comments:

Post a Comment